In May 2016 I tweeted a diagram trying to break down the different movements strikers make to score goals. This 'mind map' was step 1 in my attempts to build a video to help players, without removing the variety and complex detail of scoring goals.
What I've learnt:
- There are tons and tons of factors to consider..(see diagram)
- Recognising 'good' or 'clever' movement is quite easy
- Identifying and categorising movement is really difficult
- Lots of runs have similarities
- As coaches do we spend enough time coaching 'away' from the ball?
- How do we coach players the visual cues to "make a run..."?
Here is the first attempt...